Monday, May 12, 2008

Starting To Breathe Normal Again.

Hey all,
It feels like forever since I have blogged on here. I had a hellish deadline; two stories due at the same time… May 1st. One for Avon, one for Kensington.

I took a trip in April so that I would not be distracted by dishes, laundry, picking up kids toys, cooking, etc. I found that this works really well for me and will continue to do this in the future when I have deadlines. I suppose, who doesn't work better when you can sit in the sun and have vodka gimlets brought to you as you write! I did however gain 10lbs from eating too much chocolate and carbs. sigh.


I also had a release during this time… Animal Lust came out in March and because of my distraction and stress, I really have not had a chance to promote it/ hold contests. Etc.

I also had a site redesign during this time so if you have not seen it… stop by and take a look at my new site! www.lacydanes.com

I am starting to think proposals for my next book. I tend to get my best ideas when I am reading history books… Have no idea what I will be doing just yet.

If you have any suggestions on a good history book, social history or other, or if you have something you would love to see from me; paranormal dragons, paranormal bears, or straight historical, tell me in a comment here and I will pull a name to win a copy of Animal Lust at 9PM PST on May 13th!

The two stories I recently turned in were straight historical, but as always… erotic.

Hugs and kisses!
Lacy.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to read a paranormal historical book. Maybe a vampire or a wolf.

Jane said...

I would like to read a paranormal with ghosts and psychics.

Lil said...

I have a great weakness for dragons and so can not get enough of paranormal dragon books...though must say that erotic historical romance is fabulously appealing, too. *shrugs shoulders* It depends on my mood when I am choosing my next book to read.

tetewa said...

My favorite to read are vampire paranormals and also shapeshifters!

brownone said...

Hmm...maybe one set during the industrial revolution or maybe one set during the 20's....those sassy flapper girls!

Andrea said...

I say either a straight historical or a paranormal historical (vamps). I love reading both!

Celia May Hart said...

Lacy -- I swear -- I own that top you're wearing in the pic! (I think I even wore it to a party in Seattle once. Let me see if I can dig up the pic that was taken of me sometime today.)

Also -- where did you getaway?

Pam Rosenthal said...

geez but you're photogenic, Lacy. Congrats on the staggering burst of productivity and hope you enjoy a little r and r before you dig in again.

Unknown said...

I pitched an paranormal gothic spicy romance last year and everyone in NY kind of went Huh? I'll try again. It had werewolves and secret corrupt societies and EVERYTHING :)